Africa

Thirty-Two Killed in Suicide Bombings in Nigeria – Vice President

An injured man grimaces in pain as he arrives for treatment after a wave of suicide attacks in the North East of Nigeria (Photo by Audu MARTE / AFP)

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The death toll from a series of explosions that occurred over the weekend in the northeastern Nigerian state of Borno has increased to 32, Nigerian Vice President Kashim Shettima said. On Saturday, the Borno State Emergency Management Agency said that at least 18 people were killed and 48 others were injured in the explosions in the city of Gwoza. Suicide bombers reportedly targeted a wedding, a funeral and a hospital. The dead included children and a pregnant woman, authorities said.”So far, 32 people lost their lives. Forty-two [injured] were brought from Gwoza,” Shettima was quoted as saying by Nigerian newspaper The Guardian on Monday. The vice president added that 26 people remain in the hospital.WorldNigeria Plans to Apply for BRICS Membership7 March, 05:09 GMTIn January, a massive explosion rocked Ibadan city in Nigeria’s south, killing three and injuring 77 more. However, authorities blamed that explosion on illegal mining equipment.

Source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

11 − 4 =

Back to top button